This hat design is knitted in syncopated Brioche and comes in a range of sizes. The design has a ribbed edging with one row of cables for a slight zig-zag “tree trunk effect” edge.
The pattern includes instructions for the construction of pompoms and for the crochet chainstitch used to create the “light chain” which trails around the hat.
- experience level: intermediate
- techniques used: knit, purl, Brioche knit, Brioche purl, Brioche decreases
- gauge: 18 stitches x 26 rows = 4 inches / 10cm² in Brioche stitch on 3mm needles
- Newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 12 months, adult
- Stylecraft “Special double knit” double knitting (100% acrylic), machine washable at 30°C in (for illustrated hats): “Greengage” (shade 1124), “Bottle” (shade 1009) and “Grass Green” (shade 1821), 1 skein = 100g / 322 yards or 295 metres
- weight and yarn amount:
- between 15 g and 30 g per colour / 1 skein per colour
- needles: 3 mm circular needles (or double pointed needle if preferred)
- notions: stitch markers, tapestry needle to join both knitted halves and to attach the pompom if wished, 4 mm crochet needle for chain stitch if wished
Please go here: https://linktr.ee/julchenknits.com or Contact me to purchase your pattern.